Thursday, October 28, 2021
6:00 pm ET / 3:00 pm PT | Discussion and Working Session (90 mins.)
Reopening “TACTICS”–Trust, Authenticity, Culture, Truth, Inclusivity, and Care in Schools–Part 1
- Dr. Karen Mapp, Senior Education Lecturer and Faculty Director of the Education Policy and Management Master’s Program at Harvard Graduate School of Education (HGSE)
- Tavae Samuelu, Executive Director of Empowering Pacific Islander Communities (EPIC)
- Anpao Duta Flying Earth, Executive Director of the NACA Inspired Schools Network (NISN)
- Jerry Tello, co-founder and Director of Training and Capacity Building at the National Compadres Network; and
- Dr. Christopher Emdin, Associate Professor in the Department of Mathematics, Science, and Technology at Teachers College, Columbia University, where he also serves as Director of the Science Education program and Associate Director of the Institute for Urban and Minority Education.
COSEBOC Virtual Institute: Towards a Standard of Exemplary Care
The 2021 COSEBOC Virtual Institute: Toward a Standard of Exemplary Care for Boys and Young Men of Color is a 4-part, online series of practitioner and partner convenings focused on reopening schools more intentionally and equitably for boys and young men of color.
The series will take place between September and December 2021. Be sure to learn more and register for additional sessions: